C-Change is looking for a HEAD OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
C-Change, a fast-growing early stage tech startup with a mission to equip large organizations to play their part in reaching the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals is looking for a head of software development to expand its Amsterdam based team.
About C-Change & Our My Impact Portal
In 2015, the world signed off on a new global strategy for building a stable, fair, and sustainable future for all: The 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. With C-Change we have embarked on an ambitious mission to trigger and equip large organizations and investors to bring their purpose to life and play their part in reaching the global Sustainable Development Goals.
At C-Change, we convene, we consult, and connect actors that seek to make a difference. We do this both offline and online, rooted in a belief that – to achieve change – offline and online interactions are needed. We therefore set out to develop a transformative tech solution that offers exactly that: A flexible online environment through which users get to capture, share, and deliver on their individual impact mandates and initiatives. How this works? We offer our clients a LinkedIn like portal through which they can collaborate within their own community, yet which simultaneously allows them to push their content to relevant global audiences and platforms.
With our launch environment – a national SDG Gateway (https://gateway.sdgcharter.nl) - going live later this Summer, and a rapidly expanding pipeline, our fast-growing early stage tech startup is now looking for a passionate Head of Software Development with strong leadership skills. This new team member will lead our ongoing development work – working closely with our 3rd party developer – while playing a leading role in shaping and delivering our long-term technology roadmap. Opportunities exist for this individual to transition into an executive (CTO/ CPO) role over time.
Our new Head of Software Development will ensure the further development and execution of our technology strategy so that it optimally serves our overall business strategy and competitiveness. This includes envisioning our product and systems architecture, leading the product development and implementation, and planning for risk and growth.
This role is yours if you are keen to work in an open, innovative and international environment where you are pushed to move and learn fast and can make a real impact.
Product Development and Rollout
· You lead the development work and collaboration with our external development partner through agile processes and establish and manage our development and release process.
· You have a keen business mind and are capable of playing an active role in the further definition of our product roadmap and pricing strategies.
Technology Vision and Strategy
We are growing our platform to comprise a global library and data lake with big data analytical capabilities.
· You lead the efforts to refine the strategic vision and translate it into actionable project deliverables and budget and resource plans.
· You evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms.
System and Data Architecture
· You provide leadership to deliver cutting edge solutions and define our roadmap.
· You take care of hosting, security and governance.
QA and Testing
· You establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
· You establish and monitor an analytics regime that measures application usage and performance and review any application failures.
Team Growth Management
We are currently working with an external vendor for all development work. Going forward you build out our own internal team and manage the right balance between in-house competencies and services from external vendors.
You communicate our technology strategy to investors, customers, employees and other stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
· You have an extensive background in software development: a degree in computer science and experience in system architecture, programming and software design. You have solid experience with Drupal 8 and Symphony – the environment upon which our platform is built.
· You have a deep understanding of existing and emerging technologies, especially related to APIs, Big Data, Data Analytics and Blockchain. You are able to develop a long-term vision, evaluate multiple options and identify those that best fit for our business.
· You have prior experience in a startup environment and in developing strategies and architectures in such a context.
· You have proven project management skills: experience in managing complex projects with development teams across organizational boundaries (i.e. at vendor) and communicating with internal and external stakeholders. You have a sound understanding of the entire development lifecycle and agile processes.
· You have experience with front-end testing, performance measuring and optimization.
· You have the ability to think fast and formulate and implement strategy in a fast-paced environment.
· You are fluent in English.
· You are an entrepreneur at heart! You live your job, have a hands-on can-do attitude, but are still able to keep an eye on and deliver against strategic goals.
· You are fearless in your desire to change the world around you.
· You are passionate about technology and open source and believe in thought leadership and giving back.
· You are a great communicator, you have the talent to motivate and get the team on the same page and create a positive workplace culture.
What We Offer
This position gives you the chance to have a real, positive and visible impact on the world around you and do truly disruptive and groundbreaking work while shaping our products. As we are an early stage start-up, you will also have an opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the entire team and company success. Our offices are located in the Impact Hub in Amsterdam. Compensation is set based on experience and involves a mix of base salary, bonus and equity.