PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP @ C-CHANGE
In 2015, the world signed off on a new global strategy for building a stable, fair, and sustainable future for all: the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. With C-Change we have embarked on an ambitious mission to trigger and equip large organizations - particularly from the private sector - to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to collaborate or ‘Connect for Impact’.
What we do is best described as a strategic advisor and facilitator of multi-stakeholder partnerships. We work with individual clients, but most importantly in consortium with partners on the design and incubation of large ‘collective action’ programs in areas where oftentimes new, innovative solutions and collaborations are needed. Programs include:
· The rollout of plug-and-play SDG community portals through which actors can profile their SDG related activities, impact, and support needs online. A first national SDG Gateway is online at www.sdggateway.nl.
· The rollout of a business for SDGSs program (“BIZ4SDGs”) that is designed to connect cities across the world mobilize businesses in their communities to contribute to the SDGs.
· Alongside our programs, we also offer practical strategy, design and facilitation support to clients looking to amplify their work and impact success. This includes our work on SDG Investing and innovative finance.
For more information about our work and perspectives, see also: www.c-change.io.
We are looking for
We are looking for an intern to join our journey and assist us with running our day to day operations & communications, general event planning and support us in our programming. Interns would join C-Change for a minimum of 4 months, with an option for a longer-term engagement. The position includes the following activities (actual scope depends on a candidate’s background and interests):
· Logistics – Help us make sure that our “C-Change trains” are running on time by managing our daily processes and operations, and by planning internal and external meetings. (Includes: general diary management, management and organization of incoming and outgoing communication and the organization of travels and working trips)
· Communication – Assist us in making sure everybody is aware of the work that we do. (Includes: writing newsletters, manage our social media accounts and creating content for our website)
· Event Organizing – Support C-Change’s involvement in sustainability- and impact related events, together with our clients and with the broader global impact community. (Includes: assist in execution of conferences, speaker panels and other events, manage invitation lists and support in online and offline communication)
· Program Support: There are multiple programs we’re currently working on, including our BIZ4SDGs program. As part of this program, we will roll out two pilots in Amsterdam and Nairobi, Kenya. You will support various activities both on the design for the global program as well as the different pilots. (Includes: research and analysis, outreach and relationship management with partners, and communication)
Who you are
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative intern who can undertake a variety of office support tasks with a high degree of attention to detail. Eligible candidates are students in their final year of their Bachelor’s or in their Master’s, their field of education would preferably be Communications, Organizational Studies or International Development Studies. Key requirements are:
· Ability to think strategically and to work in a team as well as independently
· Pro-active and excited to take on new tasks and projects wherever you see fit
· Able to manage interpersonal relationships in a professional way, and in possession of strong (written and verbal) communicative skills
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills
· Experience in stakeholder management and event planning is a pre
· Experience with applications such as Mail Chimp and Squarespace is a pre
· Fluent in English
· Available fulltime or for a minimum of 3 days per week
· Living in or close to Amsterdam
What we offer
We are a small team of sustainability practitioners and work closely with many of our partner organizations. We look forward to welcoming new interns to our team, and offer:
· Exposure to global leaders in the sustainability and impact investing field
· Opportunity to grow your analytical, research and organizational skills
· Being part of a small, but growing team of sustainability experts
· Access to a larger social enterprise community of Impact Hub members
· Payment is commensurate to local standards
Interested? Please send a short motivation and your resume to Josephine Damstra (email@example.com) before September 3rd. We are looking forward to hearing from you!